Missouri Johnson 

Planning and Zoning

Zoning Info for Johnson County, Missouri


At this time, there are no planning and zoning regulations, building codes, inspections or occupancy certificates in Johnson County, Missouri for the unincorporated areas, unless the property is located in the Whiteman Air Force Base Zoning Area (information available at

660-463-7934 or Property in Unincorporated Johnson County but located within a subdivision that may have restrictions and covenants for property use. To obtain a copy of the restrictions and covenants, contact the Johnson County Recorder (660-747-6811).


Zoning Inside Incorporated City Limits: City zoning ordinances may apply; contact the respective city hall: Centerview 660-656-3688, Chilhowee 660-678-3738, Holden 816-732-4811, Kingsville 816-597-0182, Knob Noster 660-563-2595, Leeton 660-653-4622, Warrensburg 660-747-9131


Addressing and Road Number/Name Assignments: Contact the respective city hall for address and road name assignment the property is within a city limit. If the property is in the unincorporated area of Johnson County, the address and road number is assigned by the Johnson County Assessor’s Office (1310 S. Maguire St. Warrensburg | 660-747-9822).


Flood Plain: State and federal regulations apply when building in flood plains. Flood plain maps can be accessed at the Assessor's office (660-747-9822). Permits are necessary for construction in flood hazard areas, available at the Assessor's Office.


Onsite Wastewater Treatment System: Federal, state, and local regulations exist for onsite wastewater systems, which affect various areas of construction including swimming pools, lot size consideration, various setback distances, etc. For details, contact the Johnson County Community Health Services – Environmental Health at 660-747-6121 ext. 258.


Driveway: If construction includes a driveway connecting to a county road, contact the Road and Bridge Department (660-747-6821) for driveway specifications. For construction connecting to a state highway, contact the Missouri Department of Transportation (660-543-7936).


County Right of Way: If construction includes working within 30 feet of the center of a county road or trail, visit or contact the Commissioners (660-747-2112) for right of way procedures and application.


Click Here for a “No Planning and Zoning Regulations Letter” signed by the Johnson County Commission. If you have further questions, please contact the Johnson County Commission at 660-747-2112.


No Planning and Zoning Regulations signed by The Johnson County Commission.

Click above for a signed document of the NO Planning and Zoning

"Democracy is the government of the people, by the people for the people." 
 Abraham Lincoln